Title: Message from President Hassan Gouled Aptidon to the Nation on the Occasion of May 8th, 1977: Peace-Unity-Fraternity
This booklet, published in Paris in March 1977, contains text excerpted from a declaration, signed by Hassan Gouled Aptidon (1916-2006), president of Djibouti’s leading political movement, the Ligue populaire africaine pour l'Indépendance (Popular African League for Independence). The declaration was aimed at the people of Djibouti on the eve of the historic referendum for independence from France, which took place in May 1977. Hassan Gouled Aptidon was one of Djibouti’s chief negotiators for independence during roundtable talks in Paris in 1977. He became the country’s first president, a position that he held until his retirement in 1999. The Republic of Djibouti is the former French Somaliland, which in 1967 became the French Territory of the Afars and Issas. It is located in the Horn of Africa, and is bordered by Eritrea, Ethiopia, and Somalia.
- ► January (25)
- ► May (125)
- ► September (80)
- ► February (89)
- The Royal Bimaal Sultanat of Merca
- Message from President Hassan Gouled Aptidon to th...
- Through Unknown African Countries: the First Exped...
- FREE ONLINE DIGITAL Libraries
- THE ABSAME JIDWAAQ OGADEN AWLIYAHAN TOLMOGGE TAGA...
- When Himyar Ruled the Banaadir
- The Rise of Axmed Ibrahim Garaad
- Australia's Jacka farms into Somaliland oil block
- Yuusuf Indhacade oo ka hadlay hubkii Shabaab ka he...
- ▼ Apr 26 (9)
- ► May (96)
- ► June (37)
- ► July (51)
- ► August (90)
- ► September (11)
- ► October (21)
- ► November (43)
- ► 2017 (82)