U.N.D.P (On the net) Dir Movements in Region 5 Ethiopia GLF (Gurgura Liberation Front) led by Abdelasis Ahmed; HDP (Horiyal Democratic Party), from the WSLF (Western Somali Liberation Front), led by Abdi Ismail and representing the Gadabursi; the IGLF (Issa and Gurgura Liberation Front), headed by Riyaale Ahmed, which, since a split in 1991, only defends Issa interests (essentially the control of the Djibouti-Ethiopian railway line).
The pro-government ESDL which hope to become part of the EPRDF is headed by current Transport minister Abdulmejid Hussein (Issa Habar Awal). It has 76 of the 139 seats in the Regional Council and 15 of the Somali Region's 23 seats in the House of Peoples' Representatives, as well as the two seats for the autonomous city of Dire Dawa.
Though it has little support among the Ogaden, the ESDL is backed by the northern clans, the , Dir (Issa,Issaq, Gadabursi, Gurgure) and the non-Ogaden Darod (Bartire, Yabare, Mejertein, Dhulbahante). Some southern Hawiye clans (Garre, Digoodiya) also support the ESDL. The 7 G's Gurgure , Gadsan, Guure ,Gariire,
- ► January (25)
- BOQORTOYADII DIREED EE AWDAL IYO IFAT: SAMAROON
- Beelah Somalia GENEALOGICAL TABLE OF SOMALI CLANS
- ‘Stars, Seasons and Weather in Somali Pastoral T...
- FUNDING OF SOMALI RADIO STATIONS + NGOS
- BRITISH TREATES BETWEEN ISSA GADABURSI ISAAQ
- FATUHAL HABASH AXMED GUREY THE DIR GENERAL AND DAR...
- ESDL DIR OF ETHIPIA REGION 5
- Isn't This My Soil?" Land, State and 'Development'...
- ▼ May 29 (8)
- ► September (80)
- ▼ May (125)
- ► February (89)
- ► May (96)
- ► June (37)
- ► July (51)
- ► August (90)
- ► September (11)
- ► October (21)
- ► November (43)