Fatuhal Habash bookDir People from Ahmed Gurey Ibrahim's era In the 1500's several things happened in the early struggles of Axmed Gran with the Ethiopia Christian Imperialists who where sprearheading attacks into Muslim lands.
According to Fatuh Al Habash: 1) Ahamed Gran came into the hinterlands of North Westren Somalia in order to recruit fighters amoung the Mandaluug Dir, Mahomed Xiniftire Or Mahe Dir and Madoobe. a) The fatuh al Habash mentions the Habar Magadle (Maha Dir) by name as one group which Gureey try to draw into his camp.Nevertheless, the Habar Awal and Habar Yonis joined the Gurey jihaad.
For Example, the Makaahil of the Habar Awal was the son of an Amhara princesse who was broght back to Somali by a Habar Awal worrior. The Amhara princes asked her captor one favour which to name the first son. After she bore the son she named him Makahil "Micheal" the angel. As a matter of fact many Mahe Dir like the Habar xabuush or Habar Jeclo were also named in such a case. According to the Fatuh Al Habash, "the fierce and rebellious Isaaq, Issas, and Afar clans who lived close to these groups and was know as "Oda Cali" caused Guurey many problems because as soon as the attacked the Habash enemies and gained some booty they would return to their territorie this angered Imam Ahmed who wanted a displined army. Ali and Mataan a brothers in-law of Gurey and Ahmed Nuur a knephew or Gurey, who later married Gurey's wife Batiyo Delwambero(Dawmbiro).
It is interesting to not The name Dalwambero. It is no accidental it sounds like Dombiro. The Darood Somali clans under Imam Ahmed Gurey where led by another Garad who was know as Guuray and he was married to Delwambera's sister Mardiya. It was at this period that the Madaxweyn Dir enlisted the Yabbare, Geeri, and Harla, also it was at this juncture of history that the Darood confuse history.
1) The Darood confuse to distinct persons. Namely, Imam Ahmed Ibrahim Ghazali Aragsame the proper Ahmed Guray and the Garad Gurey who led the Darood armies. After centuries they think that their Garad whose name is mentioned in the Fatuh Al Habash as Guray is the same as Ahmed Gurey. So the legacy of Axmed Gurey is not limited to the Gababuursi or Ciisa or Gurgure but as touched all Somalis.
- ► January (25)
- BOQORTOYADII DIREED EE AWDAL IYO IFAT: SAMAROON
- Beelah Somalia GENEALOGICAL TABLE OF SOMALI CLANS
- ‘Stars, Seasons and Weather in Somali Pastoral T...
- FUNDING OF SOMALI RADIO STATIONS + NGOS
- BRITISH TREATES BETWEEN ISSA GADABURSI ISAAQ
- FATUHAL HABASH AXMED GUREY THE DIR GENERAL AND DAR...
- ESDL DIR OF ETHIPIA REGION 5
- Isn't This My Soil?" Land, State and 'Development'...
- ▼ May 29 (8)
- ► September (87)
- ▼ May (125)
- ► February (94)
- ► May (96)
- ► June (37)
- ► July (50)
- ► August (100)
- ► September (15)
- ► October (24)
- ► November (52)