Saturday, May 28, 2011
SOMALI BANTU Mzigua, Mzaramo, Magindo, Myao, Makua,Baidari group), Gaheyle and Galagale and Boni
According to their lineage, the minority groups are divided into two groups: A group, which has similar ethnic origin with the Samale group, but traditionally considered as cast people who have no equal rights with others. This group includes Midgan, Tumal and Yibir (collectively known as Baidari group), Gaheyle and Galagale and Boni. They are traditionally hunters, leather and metal workers, and craft makers living in some parts of north, central and southern Somalia. A second group, which is distinct from other Somalis in ethnic identity, cultural and tradition. They include Bantu, Benadiri and Eyle. The Bantu, who are refer to as "Jarer", which literally means thick hair are small scale farmers or labourers who live in the riverine areas in southern Somalia. They are also divided into various sub clans with different ethnic origin. Some for example the Mzigua, Mzaramo, Magindo, Myao, Makua, and Manyasa collectively known as Wa Gosha " forest people" or Oji are believed be descendents of Tanzanians, Mozambicans and Malawi's who were taken to Somalia in the 19th century by Arab slave traders (MRG, 1998). They live and practice some subsistence farming in the Gosha area in the Lower and Middle Juba regions. Second Bantu sub clans, which include Shidle, Shabelle, Makane and Kabole, are believed to have descended from early non-Somali agricultural communities. They are also small-scale farmers who predominantly live in the Middle Shabelle and Hiran regions. The third Bantu group lives in the Lower Shabelle region. Because of cultural genocide, and most importantly for protection reasons they have identified themselves with the other Somali communities in the region. These include Jarer-Hintire, Jarer-Wacdan, and Jarer-Biyamal. Except the
- ► January (24)
- Shaykh Abdal-Qadir Gilani's Lineage
- WE ASKED A DIR MAN ABOUT WAAQLE WAAKO
- Beesha Cabdalle (surre) iyo shiidaalka Gobolka Pun...
- BIMAAL DIR REVOLT: MAS
- BIMAAL DIR REVOLT:LAFOOLE MASSACRE OF ITALIAN MIL...
- BIMAAL DIR REVOLT: MASSACRE OF ITALIAN MILLITARY
- Garta Xeer-Beegti. Garta Dhaqanka. XEER BEEGTIDII ...
- Falsafadda FADHI KU DIRIR
- The Suure and first hijira AQIIL IBNU ABI TAALIB ?...
- MADHXINTA AFSOOMAALIGA Maxamed Bashe X. Xasan
- FAZIONI E GRUPPI ARMATI? Guida analitica della SOM...
- SOMALI BANTU Mzigua, Mzaramo, Magindo, Myao, Makua...
- Taariikh Nololeedka Madaxweyne Axmed Maxamed Maxam...
- ▼ May 28 (13)
- ► September (80)
- ▼ May (125)
- ► February (89)
- ► May (89)
- ► June (28)
- ► July (24)
- ► August (82)
- ► September (11)
- ► October (20)
- ► November (43)
- ► August (67)
- ► May (8)