The Dir are not Arabs because the filthy Arabs eat Fish the Dir never did that, the farmed, The Dir never did that, and Arab would eat the lungs, heart, tongue, and even the penis of a goat or cow he slaughtered and that is definately a taboo and forbiden to the proud Dir. Who rejects fishing or menial work like farming or working to a stranger.
Read the following article and what the Kushitic original traits of the ancient Dir used to be. I think the Afar and Saho and other Kushitics are similar to the Somali and we derive from the same roots
Dir Origins and the Kushitic roots
In the begining Waako sent down what you would call (Aado) or the proper way to live. That was in the begining that according to ancient and oldest memories of the blood Dir race can remember. This aado which the Dir claimed to be God sent from the Heavens (waaqal daruurad) entitled the Dir to claim the privilage of being Waaqle's choosen people (The Aji) who had the Heer and Ado from up above (Guuto) Guudka. Note Aji named His son Dhiire( The man or the Bold one) Dir the per excellent ancestor or simply "Dirkii" Firkii or the manly ancestor. This ancient Diire ancestors come from the West and entered Somalia. Fathering Madoobe, madanluug, maahe and Madaxweyn. Our roots are with the Kushitic people, and the rulers of these ancient Dir were called the "Rooble" they were fierce worriors who one could not look in the eyes il- Kulule""they were refered to. There culture was based on "Garta Waaq"or wisdom that the true monothesistic sky- God had inspired with their forefathers. Latter the Dir name would give the ancient somalis the names Diiriye, Dirir, Dhiiri(Bold ones) and the northren Pole star (Diriir afqoyso) was named and believed to determine the AAyo (Ayaanka) the luck of the race. These anceint Dir proto-types fathered all somali cultures. Latter the Darood and Hawiyes followed their footsteps. The whole ancient somali culture can be traced back into Ethiopia and Northren Kenya and believe me the line between Oromo-Somali or Afar is hard to draw. You will see the Oromos believed in Waako and today many somalis like the: Dir (Sinjiwaaq, Gacalwaaq) Darood (Jid waaq, DagalWaaq, SiwaaqRoon clans) Hawiye (Waaqle, Waaqtiire) Point to our old African History and if you trace the ancient Dir influence on the Oromo whose name for a worrior is Diire or Diraa, who use the Dir terms for war like: Loola (war) Aba Duula Gobanimo Guuto ( Full) Guluf you will see the deep and rich past of the Somaalis and the illustrious history of the Dir and trust me we wouldn't be spaculating the true origins of the Jarso or the Noole who Dir who became lost in the great Oromo invasion of Harrar in the time of Gureey. Guul Dir
- ► January (25)
- The Proud Somali Dir clan: what Western Scholars s...
- Peace Process Somaliland The Gadabuuris Dir Sultan...
- The Somali Dir Clan Reject Being Arabs Origins an...
- AXMED GUREY MA DIRBUU AHAA MISE DAAROOD ?
- Qabiilada Lagu Sameeyay Cilmi Baadhista
- Somali Dir clan Officials in Region 5 Ethiopia m...
- TARIIKHO HORE BIMAAL AND OTHERS
- PRESIDENT OF CHAD HUSSIEN HABRE I AM A DIR MAN
- THE SOMALI DIR CLAN BIYOMAAL BIIMAAL
- A SHORT HISTORY OF THE SOMALI DIR CLAN
- THE AKISHO (AKISHE) SOMALI DIR CLAN
- Land Dispute Erupts in Galkayo, 10 Killed AGOON ...
- ABTIRSIINYO QUBEYS DIR AND GADSAN DIR
- OGADEENYA MISE SOMALI GALBEED
- 2005 MAMULKII MUQDISHO LOO SAMEYN RABAY XIBNAHA DI...
- BEENTA DANJIRE CAWIL LAGA FIDIYAY CUMAR MUUSE
- PRESIDENT CUMAR GEELE OF DJABUTI A MADOOBE DIR S...
- BEESHA CABAS MUUSE FARAX IYO DEEGAMADOODA BARO
- SOMALI ORIGINS FROM 10TH CENTURY
- THE ISAAQ DIR CLANS HABAR YONIS AND HABAR JECLO
- MADAX WEYN DIR MAXAA KU QASAY OROMO READ FORUM
- SOMALI DIR CLAN ELDERS LIST AND SETTELMENTS
- ▼ Sep 05 (22)
- ► May (125)
- ► September (80)
- ► February (89)
- ► May (96)
- ► June (37)
- ► July (51)
- ► August (90)
- ► September (11)
- ► October (21)
- ► November (43)
- ► August (67)