Cabdi Deeqsi Warfaa, more widely known as Abdi Sinimo or Abdi Sinimoo, is a Somali singer and songwriter who established the balwo musical style. He was born in the 1920s in Jaarahorato, a historical village 25 miles (16km) north-east of Boorama. He was the fourth son in a family of eighteen children, 9 boys and 9 girls.
The first band he created was in Borama during 1944 and it was called Balwo. Members of his band were:-
• Cabdi Deeqsi Warfaa (Abdi Sinimoo)
• Koobali Caashaad
• Hussen Aare Meecaad
• Xaashi Warsame
• Khadiija Ciye Dharaar (Khadiija Balwo)
• Nuuriya Catiiq
1. ^ Abdullahi, Mohamed Diriye (2001). Culture and Customs of Somalia. Greenwood Publishing Group, p. 172. ISBN 0313313334. Retrieved on 2008-06-19.
2. ^ "Literature of Somali Onomastics and Proverbs ‘With Comparison of Foreign Saying’". Gobaad Press. Retrieved on 2008-06-19.
- ► January (25)
- ► May (125)
- ► September (80)
- ► February (89)
- Saleeban Cabdalle :Suure Thousands at risk as seve...
- The Suure Dir and Quraish descent beliefs
- Somali Yibir History and Yibir Pre-Islamic Religio...
- The Mandaluug Subclans according to one Account
- Somali Sheegad Qabaa’ilka Soomaalidu ma isbahaysi ...
- Oromo Migrations and Their Impact
- HISTORY OF MOGADISHO 1200 AND AJUURAN RULERS
- TRIBAL NATURE OF GULF SOCIETY
- THE BIIMAAL DIR'S 30 YEAR REVOLT AGAINST ITALY
- SOMALI BANADIRI , ASHRAAF AND ARABS OF THE SOUTH
- SHEIKH XASAN BARSAME : SOMALI BANTU WRITERS VERSIO...
- BANTU SCHOLAR ENO ON Mohamed Abdulle Hassan
- THE FLAG OF DIR SURRE STATE DECLARED GOLOL MUDUG
- SOMALI HISTORY AND ORIGINS 1200-1900
- SUFISM IN SOMALIA I>M LEWIS
- The Qadiriya OF SOMALIA, the oldest Sufi Order in ...
- Stars, Seasons and Weather in Somali Pastoral Trad...
- ISSAS, GADABURSI AND ISAAQ TREATIES WITH BRITIHSH
- HADIMADII GUUYSIGA BUUG SOMALIA
- WAR :Marehan subclans of Hawarsame, Rer Hasan and ...
- Ogaden: a self-imposed isolation
- Abdi SinimoSomali singer and songwriter who establ...
- REER NUUR GADABURSI DIR CLAN
- GURGUR DIR Isn't This My Soil?" Land, State and 'D...
- RICHARD BURTON ON ISAAQ CLANS OF BERBERA
- QOUTES ABOUT SOMALI PEOPLE IN COLONIAL ERA
- ▼ Apr 09 (26)
- ► May (96)
- ► June (37)
- ► July (51)
- ► August (90)
- ► September (11)
- ► October (21)
- ► November (43)