The Jubbaland conflict involves almost all the Somali clans, since each and every Somali clan claims at least at partial ownership of Kismayu or the
Lower Jubba region. Kismayu is the capital city of the Lower Jubba region,which itself consists of five main districts: Kismayu, Jamama, Afmadou,Badhadhe and Hagar. Historically the Ogaden and Marehan clans took over Kismayu from the Galla tribe (a mixture of Borana/Oromo and Wardey). The traditional Ogaden elders claim they captured Kismayu from the Galla tribe with the help of their Marehan counterparts, while the traditional Marehan elders claim they were the first who crossed the Jubba River and who captured the region from the Galla. The Majerten clan elders argue that the Harti clan lived in the region for more than a century making the Lower Jubba region and Kismayu in particular a place to which each and every Somali clan
claims at least a partial ownership.
Other clans in the area are the Harti sub-clan of the Dulbahante, the Bartire of Absame, and a group of other minority sub-clans mainly from the Hawiye clan: Doqondide, Shekhal, and Galjecel. In Kismayu there are many other Hawiye clans such as the Habar Gidir and Hawadle, and non-Somalis like Bajunis, Brawas, Arabs and Swahilis who all claim that the town has
been captured from them.
- ► January (24)
- SOMALI ARCHEOLOGY OF BARI
- HABAR MAGAADLE ISAAQ IN FATUUH AL HABASH
- Tirin: Maxamed Xirsi Guuleed
- ISAAQ CLANS AWAL YONIS AND JECLO
- Dir Origins and the Kushitic roots
- GADSAN DIR AND MACLIN WEYNE WARS Karaban village i...
- Dirta Koofureed oo Markii ugu horeeysay isku duubn...
- SOMALI KUSHITIC LANGUEGES AND SOMALI OROMO RELATIO...
- Shir waynaha dib u heshiisiinta beelaha soomaaliye...
- The Digil-Rahawiin (Digil-Mirifle) People of Somal...
- GOORTII DHULKAYAGII LA QEYBSADAY! [MOL, 26 May 200...
- RICHARD BURTON ON HARAR AND AXMED GUREY
- CAANO SHUBKII UGAASKA GADSAN DHAWAYD BEESHA DIREED...
- UGAAS CUSUB OO MADOOBE DIR CIISE DOORTEEN
- THE WARDEY REER DAYO
- ASHRAAF OF BANADIR AND BANADIRI
- TUMAALS MIDGAAN AND YIBRO SOMALI CLANS
- BOQORTOOYADA AKISHO ALI MADAXWEYNE DIR
- Cuqaasha, Wax-garadka & Ganacsatada Beesha Akisho ...
- ▼ May 15 (19)
- ► September (80)
- ▼ May (126)
- ► February (89)
- ► May (89)
- ► June (28)
- ► July (24)
- ► August (81)
- ► September (11)
- ► October (20)
- ► November (43)
- ► August (67)
- ► May (8)
- ► June (58)