Abdullahi Sheikh Ismail (Somali: Cabdullaahi Sheekh Ismaaciil) was the deputy prime minister and foreign minister in the transitional government of Somalia. He was appointed to that position on December 1, 2004 as part of a partial government formed by Prime Minister Ali Muhammad Ghedi. He lost these positions in August 2006 when Ghedi formed a new government. Unlike many other members of the government, Ismail was not a member of one of the factions which has fought for control of the country since the early 1990s. He was previously the foreign minister of Somalia during the mid 1990s.
Abdullahi Sheikh Ismail was the ex-Somali Ambassador to Russia under the Siad Barre government. Ismail is from the powerful Dir clan, and from the Bimal of the Marka region. He lived in Addis Ababa in the past ten years, and has close connections with the Ethiopians.
- ► January (25)
- Odayaal Ka Tirsan Beesha Direed Oo Madaxweyne Shar...
- DULMIGA AY RAG U DHASHAY SOMALILAND KU HAYAAN DANT...
- XEERKII DIREED EE HOR
- (SSNM/BIRAM/SRRC) Mudane: Ambas.Cabdullaahi Sheekh...
- GADABUURSI DIR TREATY WITH BRITISH EMPIRE : AWDAL ...
- Abwaankii Waddaniga ahaa ee Faarax Nuur ARAP DIR
- MAH MAHYO SOMALIA IYO INGRIIS
- Beelaha Macalin weyne iyo Gaadsan oo ka heshiiyey ...
- DAGAALO BA'AN OO DAWEEYD GADSAN IYO AWLIYAHAN AFGA...
- REER BAARE - BAH GERI AND BAJIMAAL DIR REGION
- Qabiilada Lagu Sameeyay Cilmi Baadhista By Ghandi ...
- DAAROOD PROPAGANAD BEENTA DAAROOD DIR KA FIDIYO
- DHAQANKII HORE EE SUUBANAA EE DIREED
- HONORABLE OMAR GEELE PRESIDENT OF DJABOUTI BIOGRAP...
- HABAR YONIS AND HABAR JECLO ISAAQ DIR CLANS
- NAME DIR
- XEER DIR CUSTOMERY LAW
- THE BIYOMAAL MAXAMED XINIFTIRE DIR CLAN
- Cabdullaahi Sheekh Ismaaciil) BIYOMAAL DIPLOMAT AN...
- BAH DIR ROOBLE BEESHU GABOOSE KA SOO JEEDO
- ▼ Apr 24 (20)
- ► May (125)
- ► September (80)
- ▼ April (33)
- ► February (89)
- ► May (96)
- ► June (37)
- ► July (51)
- ► August (90)
- ► September (11)
- ► October (21)
- ► November (43)
- ► August (67)